December 9, 2007

Change the World by Changing Me

The Sufi Bayazid says this about himself:

I was a revolutionary when I was young and all my prayer to God was 'Lord, give me the energy to change the world.'

"As I approached middle age and realized that half my life was gone without my changing a single soul, I changed my prayer to 'Lord, give me the grace to change all those who come in contact with me. Just my family and friends, and I shall be satisfied.'

"Now that I am an old man and my days are numbered, my one prayer is, 'Lord, give me the grace to change myself.' If I had prayed for this right from the start I should not have wasted my life."

Anthony de Mello

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks | Wisdom Story | www-LAPTOP | Privacy Policy