September 23, 2007

Prayer can be Dangerous

Here is a story that was a favorite of the Sufi master Sa'di of Shiraz:

A certain friend of mine was delighted that his wife was pregnant. He ardently desired a male child. He prayed to God ceaselessly and made vows with this in mind.
It so happened that his wife did give birth to a boy. My friend rejoiced and invited the whole village to a thanksgiving party.
Years later, on my return from Mecca, I passed through my friend's village. I was told that he was in jail.
"Why? What has he done?" I asked.
His neighbors said, "His son got drunk, killed a man, and ran away. So his father has been arrested and put in prison."

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks | Wisdom Story | www-LAPTOP | Privacy Policy