October 29, 2007

The Phony

The hall was packed, mostly with elderly women. It was some sort of new religion. One of the speakers was dressed in nothing more than a turban and a loincloth. He spoke, feelingly, of the power of mind over matter.

Everyone listened spellbound. The speaker eventually returned to his place right in front of me. His neighbor turned to him and asked in a loud whisper, "Do you really believe what you said, that the body feels nothing at all and it's all in the mind?"

The phony replied, with pious conviction, "Of course I do."

"Then," said his neighbor, "would you mind changing places with me? I'm sitting in a draft."

Why do I try to practice what I preach?
If I stuck to preaching what I practice, I'd be less of a phony.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks | Wisdom Story | www-LAPTOP | Privacy Policy