November 9, 2007

To Know Christ

A dialogue between a recent convert and an unbelieving friend:
"So you have been converted to Christ?"
"Yes."
"Then you must know a great deal about
him. Tell me: What country was he born in?"
"I don't know."
"What was his age when he died?"
"I don't know."
"How many sermons did he preach?"
"I don't know."
"You certainly know very little for a man who claims to be converted to Christ!"
"You are right. I am ashamed at how little I know about him. But this much I do know: Three years ago I was a drunkard. I was in debt. My family was falling to pieces. My wife and children would dread my return home each evening. But now I have given up drink; we are out of debt; ours is now a happy home. All this Christ has done for me. This much I know of him!"

To really know. That is, to be transformed by what one knows.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks | Wisdom Story | www-LAPTOP | Privacy Policy