January 4, 2008

The Samaritan Woman

The woman put down her water jar and went off to the town. She said to the people, "Come and see the man who has told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?"

Christian: Oh for a teacher like the Samaritan woman! She gave no answers. She only asked a question. It must have been tempting to give the answer because she got it from you directly when you said, "I am the Messiah. I who am talking to you."

Many more became disciples because of what they heard form his own lips. They said tot he woman, "It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, for we have heard him ourselves, and we know that this is, indeed, the Savior of the world."

I have been content to learn about you at second hand, Lord. From scriptures and saints; from popes and preachers. I wish I could say to all of them, "It is no longer because of what you said that I believe, for I have heard him myself."

Anthony de Mello

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks | Wisdom Story | www-LAPTOP | Privacy Policy