January 3, 2008

Simon Peter

A dialogue from the gospels:

"And you," said Jesus. "Who do you say I am?"

Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

Then Jesus said, "Simon, son of Jonah, you are favored indeed! You did not learn that from mortal man; my heavenly Father revealed it to you."

A dialogue from life:

Jesus: And you, who do you say I am?

Christian: You are the Son of the living God.

Jesus: Right. But how unfortunate you are that you learned this from mortal man. It has not yet been revealed to you by my Father.

Christian: True, Lord. I have been cheated. Somebody gave me the answers before your Father could speak. I marvel at your wisdom that you said nothing to Simon yourself, but waited for your Father to speak first.

Anthony de Mello

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

© blogger templates 3 column | Webtalks | Wisdom Story | www-LAPTOP | Privacy Policy